Thursday, October 08, 2009

Lemon Linguine

I saw good old Paula Deen making this on her show, and I thought it sounded YUM. I'm planning to make it for dinner, although I only have spaghetti noodles, so I should change it to lemon spaghetti, haha! I will let you know how it is after we've finished it.

1 (8 ounce) package linguine
1/4 cup minced onion or shallot
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
4 Tablespoons freshley grated parmesan, divided
1 Tablespoon milk
1-3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
1 whole lemon, zested
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
2 Tablespoons freshley chopped chives

Cook linguini according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.

In a skillet, cook onion or shallots and garlic in butter, stirring constantly until tender, not brown. Stir in sour cream, 2 Tablespoons parmesan, milk, lemon-pepper, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over linguini. Toss gently, adding chopped parsley, chives, and remaining parmesan. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

Okay, I just sampled this dish, and it is yummy. It's such a different way of cooking pasta for me. If I wanted to add meat, it would go great with fish. You could add shrimp to it or even salmon on the side.

Followers

Contributors