Saturday, January 07, 2012

Bates Sausage Dip

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe.  It is making the rounds throughout my family currently, and I saw a similar recipe on thesistercafe.com  This recipe was given to me by my friend here in CDA, Felicia.  She said it's her husband's favorite, and everyone always wants the recipe, but she hesitates giving it out because the ingredients sound nasty.  I'm here to testify that it's delicious.  I wanted to have a hard copy, otherwise I wouldn't be so generous to share! ;)

2 hot jimmy dean sausages
2 bricks of cream cheese
1 large container (I'm guessing 16 oz) sour cream
2 cans heredez sasla (in the mexican section in small red and white cans)--I'm sure any salsa would work, but this is what I've used in it, too.
2 small cans chopped olives.

Place cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and olives in your crockpot.  Turn crockpot on high and put the lid on.  In a frying pan, fry up the sausage.  Make sure the sausage is in small pieces otherwise it will be chunky in your dip.  Once the sausage is cooked, place over top of the crockpot mixture.  Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.  Stir occassionally to blend together.  The longer it cooks, the better this tastes.  It can be frozen and re-warmed, and it still tastes great.  Serve over chips. 

No comments:

Followers

Contributors